An important step in a Japanese skincare routine is known as "double cleansing". If you wear SPF, make-up and/or live in a city (being exposed to high pollution levels daily), it's important to do a proper cleanse in the evening that leaves your skin perfectly clean and purified, but not stripped and dried out.
The Japanese double cleansing ritual in the evening is the best way to ensure your skin is free from every single scrap. It's all about gentle, but very thorough cleansing. Removing SPF/makeup and cleansing pores are done in two separate steps. You'll probably find it's mostly beneficial in the evening when you have makeup and sunscreen to remove.
STEP 1 OIL-BASED CLEANSER
Start with Reset Cleansing Oil to break down make-up, SPF, and sebum on the surface of the skin first.
• To use RUHAKU Reset Cleansing Oil, always begin with a dry hands and a dry face.
• Fill your palm with a few powerful drops, and using your fingertips; gently massage onto your face for 20 seconds.
• Wet face with warm water to emulsify the oil to a milky texture and gently massage for 20 more seconds. Makeup (even waterproof mascara!), SPF and grime will be effortlessly melted away.
• Then, rinse off with a few handfuls of warm water
• Gently pat skin dry with a soft towel
STEP 2 SECOND CLEANSE
Follow with a regular, cream or gel cleanser, or gentle face bar, for example Silk Bar Soap, to clean much deeper into the pores to remove any impurities such as sweat, bacteria and old skin cells.
• Hold the soap in the palm of your hands, lather the product in circular motion with lukewarm water to create foam.
• Put the soap aside and continue to rub palm together to build up to rich, creamy foam.
• Apply foam all over the face (wet), gently massage the face by massaging skin in circular motion (don't rub).
• Rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water.
• Gently pat skin dry with a soft towel.
After cleansing, recommended is to follow with hydrating lotion.
Organic two-in-one cleansing oil for purified skin with a radiant, moist finish